- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
These croutons, made out of polenta and Asiago cheese, are a delicious addition in salads and soups.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tube polenta, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Drop in the polenta cubes and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden, stirring to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the cheese and sprinkle with pepper. Allow the cheese to melt on the polenta cubes before using.