- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Poached Lamb with Horseradish Cream is tender and flavorful.
- 1 Sirloin of fresh lamb, approx. 6 ounces
- 4 cups lamb broth, well seasoned
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 8 small white onions for garnish
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil. Trim and skin lamb sirloin. Poach gently in broth for 15 minutes or until medium rare. Lift out and keep meat warm.
- Poach onions in broth until al dente. Drain and set aside. Reduce broth to 1 cup.
- Whip cream to soft peaks. Fold in horseradish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon horseradish cream into center of platter. Slice lamb across the grain and arrange in overlapping slices in a circle over cream.
- Spoon reduced broth around base of lamb and garnish with onions.