- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
To poach means to cook food in a hot liquid, like wine, water or broth, that is kept just below the boiling point. This form of cooking creates a moist and delicious result.
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained with juiced reserved
- 1 seedless cucumber , peeled and diced (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper , chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1-3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Place the drained pineapple into bowl along with the cucumber, red pepper, red onion, vinegar and hot pepper sauce. Toss to combine.
- Place the chicken broth, wine and reserved pineapple juice into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Put the fish into the sauté pan; reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to plates, top with the chunky pineapple salsa and serve immediately.