- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Poaching chicken makes it succulent and tender. The perfect addition to this lemony honey and yogurt salad.
- Zest from 1 lemon, finely shredded
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 4 5-ounce container Greek-style honey-flavored yogurt
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh oregano (to garnish)
- Place the lemon peel, lemon juice, chicken, broth, garlic and oregano into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-heat.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes, covered, until the chicken is cooked through. Drain the liquid, reserving 1/3 cup, and set aside.
- Place the cucumber and the tomato into a salad bowl along with the chicken mixture. Toss to combine.
- Put the yogurt in a small bowl and add the reserved cooking liquid and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Whisk together to combine, and then drizzle over the chicken mixture. Garnish with some fresh oregano and serve.