- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8
A refreshing drink that is uniquely flavored with berries, plums and bay leaves.
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh (or thawed, if frozen)
- 3 ripe plums, pitted, sliced
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 cups cold club soda or sparkling wine
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add fruit, bay leaves and sugar. Cover and boil, stirring until juice is reduced to about 3 cups and plums are tender.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-meshed seive, pressing lightly with a spatula to extract all the juice. Remove the bay leaves but don't discard.
- Return juice to the pan and add the reserved bay leaves and simmer over medium heat until reduced to about 2 cups.
- Discard bay leaves and let syrup cool.
- To serve, add 1/4 cup syrup to a tall glass and add 1 cup club soda or sparkling wine, stirring to combine.