- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 18
This dark purple delight hits your tongue with an immediate sweet-tartness, then warms your mouth with the mild heat of ginger and jalapen
- 2 pounds ripe plums, pitted, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) apple, chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 1 (6 ounce) onion, chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, minced
- Â½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Â½ cups cider vinegar
- Â¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon dark mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Chutney is done when it's thick enough to mound on a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Serve at room temperature.