- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Aperol is a slightly bitter Italian liquor with hints of orange and rhubarb. If it’s not available at your local liquor store, try using Campari.
- 4 medium ripe plums (about 10 ounces), pitted
- 1-1/2 ounces Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces Aperol
- 1 bottle chilled brut sparkling wine
- Place the plums, simple syrup and lemon juice into a blender and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture through some cheesecloth and into a container.
- Place 1 ounce of the puree into each champagne flute and then add 1 ounce of Aperol to each glass. Stir to combine and then top with sparkling wine.