- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4
Make sure the plantains are ripe for more flavor and sweetness. Green plantains, like bananas, are firm and less sweet.
- 2 ripe medium plantains, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts, or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- Slice the plantains on the bias and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the butter into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the plantains and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the plantains with the sugar, and carefully stir the mixture so the sugar melts.
- Sprinkle in the vanilla, cinnamon and the nuts and stir to coat.
- Transfer the plantain mixture to a serving platter and drizzle with the fresh cream. Serve warm.