- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 3 dozen
Pizza turnovers are great for children or as party appetizers.
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pastry for double crust 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onions in the butter. Stir in the tomato paste, water and seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese.
- On a lightly floured board roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 3 dozen 3 1/2 inch circles.
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon worth of the saute mixture into the center of each circle. Fold in half and use a fork to press the edges together.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.