- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: 24 Servings
A great casual appetizer or an afterschool snack for the kids, these tortilla roll-ups are filling and delicious.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 8-ounce can pizza sauce
- 1 8-ounce package shredded 4-cheese pizza cheese (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat and then add the onion and sweet pepper. Sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the Italian seasoning and red pepper. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the tortillas on a flat surface and spread each with 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, up to 1/2-inch away from the edge. Reserve any remaining sauce and place in a dipping bowl. Spoon the onion mixture onto the sauce and then top with the pizza cheese.
- Tightly roll up the tortillas and place on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Lightly brush each tortilla roll-up with some cooking oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the tortilla roll-ups for 8 minutes. Serve warm with the remaining pizza sauce.