- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Everyone's favorite flavors are in this delicious Pizza Soup. Make sure to top with a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese and broil to melt.
- 1, 10 ounce can tomatoes, stewed
- 1, 16 ounce can tomato juice
- 1, 10 ounce can condensed onion soup
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons each: fresh basil, oregano, parsley
- 6 slices Italian bread, thin
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients except bread and cheese. Simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Toast bread. Spoon soup into 6 oven proof bowls. Float a slice of bread on top of each bowl.
- Cover with cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese.