- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: 4 People
Both you and your kids will love this simple and healthy pita pocket pizza.
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 8 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 2 slices ham or turkey, cut into slices
- 8 toothpicks
- Open each pocket and spread the pita with one tablespoon tomato sauce.
- Spread one tablespoon cheese across the tomato sauce in each pita.
- Stuff each pita with the vegetables and meat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each pita's contents.
- "Thread" the toothpicks across the pita's opening to seal the edge.
- Microwave the pita pizzas for 60 to 90 seconds, or until the cheese melts.