- Prep: 3 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Pita Bread with Mediterranean Mix is a delicious change from the ordinary sandwich.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 jar green olives, chopped
- 1/2 jar ripe olives, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 slice bread, cubed
- 2 slices hard salami, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pita bread
- Combine all ingredients except pita bread in large bowl, mixing to coat with oil. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Cut pita breads into halves with scissors. Pull open to form pockets. Fill with chilled mixture.