- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 cup
Use this pesto on pasta for a delicious classic dish, or spread over grilled meats, fish and vegetables for added flavor and flare.
- 1 cup loose mixed herbs, parsley, basil and thymev
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped preserved lemon peel or the zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Turn on a food processor and drop the garlic and the herbs down the flute. Process the mixture until finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Again with the motor running, place the pistachios, salt and pepper, lemon peel, and cheese down the flute, process until combined, and then slowly pour in the oil. Continue to process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides when needed.
- Transfer the pesto to a bowl. Serve immediately.