- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 2 dozen
Pistachio and cocoa packed cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pistacio nuts
- Cream the butter, sugars, cocoa, baking powder and nutmeg. Beat in the egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- Blend in the flour and fold in the nuts. Careful to not overmix. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Shape the dough into balls and place 4 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Move to wire racks to cool.