- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Piquillo peppers, which translates to ‘little beak’ in English, are a variety of chili grown in Northern Spain. They have a distinct sweet and spicy flavor that resembles red bell peppers.
- 8 jarred piquillo peppers, drained, rinsed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the piquillo pepper, capers, parsley, shallot, sherry vinegar, ground cumin, cayenne and olive oil in a bowl and stir well to combine. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then cover and chill the salsa for 30 minutes before serving.