- Prep: 3 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Pink Grapefruit Parfait Pie is made with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup Florida pink grapefruit juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups pink grapefruit sections, cut up
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- Combine gelatin and juice in a small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in ice cream. Chill until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into gelatin mixture. Fold in grapefruit sections. Pour in baked pie shell. Chill until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and additional grapefruit sections.