- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
The enjoyable sweet and bitter taste of pink grapefruit is paired with creamy slices of avocado and then drizzled with a rich maple syrup and toasted sesame dressing.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Using a sharp knife, segment the grapefruit over a bowl and retain any resulting juices that accumulate.
- Place the olive oil, sesame oil, maple syrup, reserved grapefruit juice and a pinch of salt and pepper into a separate bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Remove half of the dressing from the bowl and set aside. Add the fennel and pea shoots to the bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the fennel mixture to 2 serving plates and then top with the grapefruit and avocado slices. Drizzle the salad with the reserved dressing and then serve immediately.