- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a classic family favorite.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1, 20 ounce can sliced pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1, 6 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- oil and eggs as called for on cake mix package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in 13 by 9 inch pan in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top; press gently. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions--except use pineapple juice mixture instead of water. Pour batter over pineapples and cherries. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof serving plate. Leave pan over cake 1 minute. Serve warm or cool.