- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 9-12 People
This simple cake is ideal for serving at breakfast alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Mix together egg, applesauce, milk and pineapple.
- Blend flour combination into pineapple mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.