- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
Consider serving this sweet bread as a side dish at your next holiday dinner.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup grated peeled sweet potato
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar, oil and egg.
- Add sweet potato, pineapple and orange peel to sugar mixture, blending well.
- Mix flour combination into sugar mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.