- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 20 People
These moist muffins make a delicious breakfast snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole bran cereal
- Soak raisins in pineapple juice; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cereal.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, applesauce, honey and eggs; beat well.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in raisin mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate batter for 3 hours to thicken.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.