- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 9-12 People
This sweet bread makes a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, pineapple juice and shortening.
- Blend flour combination into pineapple mixture.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- Mix together remaining sugar and orange zest; spread over top of baked bread.