- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
A fun variation of the much-loved oatmeal cookie, these cookies are bursting with tropical flavor!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Beat shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg and pineapple until mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into pineapple mixture; mix well.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.