- Prep: 2 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 2 hr 25 min
- Serving: 10
Pineapple Nut Molded Salad is refreshing on a hot summer's day.
- 2 packages lime flavored gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Maraschino cherries, chopped
- fresh fruit and mayonnaise for garnish
- Dissolve gelatin with 1 cup boiling water. Add pineapple with juice. Stir well and cool in refrigerator.
- In separate bowl, place sour cream and stir. Add cooled gelatin mixture, nuts and cherries; mix well. Pour mixture in ring mold that has been brushed with vegetable oil and chill until set.
- Unmold on large platter and decorate with fresh fruit. Serve with mayonnaise.