- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Sweet and fun dessert bread!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup drained and chopped canned pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and 3/4 cup of sugar until creamed. And the eggs in one at a time.
- Alternately, stir the flour mixture and the milk into the creamed mixture. Add the vanilla.
- Fold in the pineapple and nuts. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely.