- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Serves 8-10 people
Pineapple Cheesecake Squares makes a lovely, fresh springtime treat.
- 2-1/4 cups fresh pineapple, chopped into very small pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1, 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1, 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Measure 1/2 cup of the pineapple and set aside. In a small saucepan, add the remaining pineapple with the cornstarch and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Set aside.
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium-sized bowl combine the flour, sugar and margarine and beat until finely crumbled. Stir in the chopped almonds. Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of the baking pan.
- Using a mixer, beat the cheese and milk until smooth. Add the remaining pineapple and the egg. Beat until mixed well. Pour mixture over the crust in the baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- When cool, cut into squares. Spread the reserved pineapple onto of the squares and serve.