- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8
Sweet and tropical, Pineapple Buttercrumb Coffee Cake is a great treat any time.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1, 1 pound 4 1/2 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and flavorings in bowl until light. Beat in egg. Sift 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt together. Add alternately with milk to sugar mixture, beating well after each addtion. Reserve 1/2 cup pineapple for topping.
- Stir remaining pineapple into batter. Spoon into greased and floured 1 1/2 quart mold. Arrange reserved pineapple over top.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour and cinnamon in small bowl, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over pineapple and batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.