- Prep: 4 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Pineapple Angel Pie is lightened with whipped cream and topped with pecans.
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg whites
- 1, 8-inch baked pie shell
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Combine pineapple with 1 cup sugar and salt in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Blend cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water in a small bowl. Add to pineapple mixture. Cook until clear and glossy, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in 2 tablespoons sugar. Fold egg whites into pineapple mixture. Spoon into pie shell.
- Top with whipped cream and pecans. Chill before serving.