- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
This sweet, creamy and citrusy curd is wonderful topped onto Greek yogurt, meringue or cake.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cut up butter
- Place the sugar and the cornstarch into a medium-sized saucepan. Stir to combine and then add the lime juice, the pineapple concentrate, and the water. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Place the pan over medium heat and cook until the mixture has thickened and is bubbling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yolks together until smooth and then slowly add half of the hot lime mixture to the yolks, whisking vigorously to combine.
- Pour the yolk mixture into the pan with remaining lime mixture and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, mixing to combine until butter has completely melted.
- Place the curd into he refrigerator until ready to use.