- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Jicama is a sweet, crisp root vegetable that resembles a turnip. It can be enjoyed raw and is frequently found in salads. Try it in this recipe for pineapple salsa, served as an accompaniment to pork tenderloin.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-1/4 pounds peeled pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch dice 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice, squeezed from the rind
- 5 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Place the red onion and lime juice in a bowl, toss to coat and then cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Put the pineapple, pineapple juice, jicama, cilantro, brown sugar, jalapeño and scallion into the bowl with the marinated onion, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.