- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 3-1/2 cups
This topping makes a wonderful addition on top of buttered toast, ice cream, yogurt and angel food cake.
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (about 1/2 large pineapple)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the pineapple juice and the cornstarch in a medium-sized saucepan, and whisk until combined.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook, whisking continuously, for 2 minutes.
- Add the pineapple, orange juice, brown sugar and butter and bring to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking; cook the mixture for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla; stir to combine.
- Let the pineapple topping cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.