- Prep: 4 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 4 hr 11 min
- Serving: N/A
This is wonderfully fragrant, smoky and spicy syrup is great to have on hand when making your own cocktails. Use in place of a traditional flower-based syrup.
- 1 cone piloncillo
- 3/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 5 small-medium dried chipotle chiles (not in adobo)
- 2 cups water
- Place the water and piloncillo into a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the piloncillo has totally dissolved. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the hibiscus and chiles.
- Set the mixture aside to steep for at least 4 hours and then strain into a jar. Tightly close the container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.