- Prep: 2 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Pico de Gallo salsa, also known as ‘salsa fresca,’ is made with ripe tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and a serrano chile pepper. Feel free to substitute the serrano for a jalapeno pepper instead.
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 dash light brown sugar
- Place the chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro and chile pepper into a small bowl. Sprinkle with a dash of sugar and then toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill and to allow the flavors to blend.