- Prep: 2 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: 24
This chicken salad can be enjoyed on its own, in a sandwich or stuffed into pitas. Make it the day before your picnic so the flavors have a chance to develop overnight.
- 12 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 6 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Place the chicken, celery, cheese, onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Season the salad with additional salt and pepper to taste and then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours to chill, as well as to allow the flavors to blend.