- Prep: 24 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 24 min
- Serving: Makes 16 ounces of pickled carrots
These pickled baby carrots with tarragon can be enjoyed as a side to sandwiches, or as a garnish to savory cocktails such as a Bloody Mary.
- 1 package (16ounces) baby carrots
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- Place 2 quarts of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the carrots to the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the vinegar, tarragon, garlic, olive oil and pepper into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Remove the carrots from the pot, drain and then add to the vinegar mixture. Toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, making sure to stir the mixture every few hours.