- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8
Surrounded by beans and beets Pickle Meat Loaf Meal looks stunning set up on a large serving platter.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle liquid
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices white bread, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 5 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup sweet gherkins, finely chopped
- 1, 16 ounce can cut green beans, drained
- 1, 16 ounce can waxed beans, drained
- 1, 16 ounce can julienne beets, drained
- Combine first 7 ingredients in blender container. Process until smooth. Add to ground beef in large bowl, mixing until well blended.
- Shape into 9 by 15 inch rectangle on waxed paper. Sprinkle with parsley and pickles. Roll as for jelly roll from narrow end. Place seam side down in large baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Pour off pan drippings and add vegetables. Bake covered for about 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are heated through.
- Place meat loaf on serving plate; spoon vegetables around meat loaf.