- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Pot Roast is a hearty and delicious comfort food that the entire family will enjoy. Serve this picante version with a crisp green side salad and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 16- or 17-ounce package refrigerated cooked beef pot roast with juices
- 1-1/2 cups purchased sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 8-ounce bottle picante sauce
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- Dairy sour cream to garnish
- Chopped fresh tomato to garnish
- Sliced avocado to garnish
- Drain the pot roast over a large sauté pan and then cut the meat into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Add them to the pan along with the mushrooms and picante sauce, and then bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the chicken broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the couscous and cook as directed. After fluffing the couscous with a fork, fold in the cilantro and then divide the mixture between 4 serving plates.
- Top the couscous with the picante pot roast and then garnish with dollops of sour cream, chopped fresh tomato and sliced avocado.