- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Using a mix of roasted nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, peanuts, and pistachios, as the base for this pesto gives it greater depth, texture and a rich, nutty flavor.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 8 lightly packed cups basil leaves
- 2 lightly packed cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1 cup roasted nuts, such as walnuts smoked almonds pine nuts or pistachios
- 3 cups extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for packing
- 1 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, grated 1 cup
- Place the garlic into a food processor, chop, and then add the fresh basil, parsley and mint; pulse the mixture until finely chopped.
- Put the mixed nuts and the oil into the processor and continue to process the mixture until well blended. Add the butter and the Pecorino Romano cheese and blend until smooth.