- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
Enjoy the classic Italian flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and pesto. You’ll never believe this linguine recipe is such a healthy pasta dish!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 cups thinly sliced snow peas
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- Lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- To make the pesto, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, and 3 tablespoons oil in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a chunky-smooth paste, scraping down sides of work bowl as necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add linguine; cook 4 minutes. Add snow peas; cook 3 more minutes.
- While linguine cooks, heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium. Sauté onion, tomatoes, and olives for about 6 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Drain linguine and return to cooking pot; stir in pesto. Divide linguine among 6 plates. Top each with an even portion of the sun-dried tomato mixture and lemon zest and serve.