- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
Perfect Pie Crust is versatile and easy to make. This recipe makes 5 pie crusts that can be stored in the freezer for summer's fruitful bounty.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together with a fork. Add vegetable shortening and mix until crumbly.
- Mix in a small bowl, the vinegar, egg and water. Add to shortening mixture and combine with a fork.
- Divide dough into 5 portions and shape each one into a round disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes before rolling out.
- The pie crust may be refrigerated for 3 days or frozen.