- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 48 truffles
When you garnish Peppermint Chocolate Truffles with candy cane pieces, you turn tasty chocolate into a lovely holiday treat for your next party.
- 1, 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a saucepan, heat heavy whipping cream over medium-high heat until almost boiling. Place semi-sweet and bittersweet chips in a medium bowl; pour heated whipping cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted. In small bowl, beat softened butter, sugar and extracts, and add to melted chocolate, stirring until blended.
- Chill chocolate mixture in refrigerator for 45 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and roll into small balls, using a melon baller or a teaspoon. Roll each ball in cocoa powder and place on waxed or parchment paper to prevent sticking.