- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Not your ordinary pasta salad, Peppered Chicken Pasta Salad is a filling, one-dish meal perfect for dinner.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups of cut green beans (about 1/2 pound and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups of skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat (chopped)
- 2/3 cup of cut celery (cut into about 1/8-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- For the salad: Cook the pasta in boiling water until it is al dente. Add the green beans to the pasta in the final 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse the pasta mixture under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta mixture, chicken, celery, bell pepper and onion and toss to combine.
- For the dressing: Whisk together the 2 tablespoons of water and the remaining ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently to coat.