- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
This colorful Pepper Steak has red and green peppers and tastes great over white or brown rice.
- 1 1/2 pounds of sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 large can of plum tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Green Peppers, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- Brown meat in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add all ingredients except the peppers and plum tomatoes.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Add peppers and tomatoes. Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Serve over rice.