- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This bourbon-based cocktail is made with fresh grapefruit juice and Madarine Napoléon; a Belgian orange liqueur made from cognac flavored with essential oils extracted from fresh Sicilian tangerines
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 3/4 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce Madarine Napoléon
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 strip grapefruit peel
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill and then rub the rim with the strip of grapefruit peel.
- Put the bourbon, fresh grapefruit juice and Madarine Napoléon into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass, add the bitters and then gently squeeze the grapefruit peel over the mixture to release some of its natural oils onto the drink’s surface. Add the peel to the cocktail and serve immediately.