- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Roasting the tomatoes brings out their natural sweetness and makes a wonderful base for pasta sauce. Serve with a bottle of Cote du Rhone and some freshly bakes peasant bread.
- 6 cups grape tomatoes (about 32 ounces)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil and 1-1/2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 cups boneless, skinless, rotisserie chicken pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped basil or flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and place the oven rack into the lower third portion of the oven.
- Put the tomatoes and garlic in a baking pan, sprinkle with some sea salt and then drizzle with the 1/4 cup oil. Toss to combine and then roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid) and place back into the cooking pot.
- Drizzle the pasta with the 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil, toss to coat, and then add the tomato mixture, the chicken, the reserved cooking water, the cheese, basil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and toss once again. Serve immediately.