- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Serve Pecan Salad on a lettuce leaf.
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- Cook pineapple and sugar for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Add 3/4 cup boiling water; stir until dissolved. Mix with pineapple. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream, pecans and cheese. Pour into an 8-inch square pan. Chill until set. Cut in squares and serve on a lettuce leaf.