- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4
This is a delicious mixture of pearl millet, rice and green gram known as Bajra Khichdi in India.
- 1 small bowl Pearl Millet
- 1/4 small bowl Green Gram
- 1/2 small bowl Rice
- 2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5 small bowl Water
- 4 tbsp Water (for soaking Pearl Millet)
- Add 3 tbsp water in pearl millet and mix well. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Grind the soaked pearl millet in a grinder and sieve it. Repeat this process 3-4 times until coarse part is removed completely.
- Boil 5 small bowl water in a pressure cooker.
- Slowly slowly add ground pearl millet into it and keep on stirring to avoid lump formation.
- Add rice and green gram in it. Mix well.
- Add salt, coriander powder and red chili in it. Mix well.
- Pressure cook it on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with Indian Punjabi Kadhi.