- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The sweet, savory, buttery and tart collection of tastes in this salad form a well-balanced and thoroughly delicious combination.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- 2 fresh ripe Bosc pears, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Place the cranberry juice, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, cinnamon and pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl, and whisk vigorously until the mixture is blended. Slowly pour in the oil, whisking continuously to combine, and then season to taste the dressing with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Place both lettuces into a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette to coat. Top the salad with the pears, pecans, blue cheese and pomegranate seeds, and then drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.