- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: Makes enough glaze for 6 servings of chicken
Pear nectar and pear puree are blended with a combination of various spices and seasonings to create this rich, sweet and savory glaze for chicken. Use it on pork tenderloin as well for an equally delicious addition.
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 1 cup canned pear puree
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan over medium-high heat, and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the mixture, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Generously brush the glaze onto both sides of the chicken during the last 5 minutes of cooking.